iland Enhances Catalyst Cloud Migration Tool
The Houston, TX-based cloud service provider, iland, has announced that it has enhanced its complimentary Catalyst cloud migration tool. The tool can be used by companies to help plan migrations to the cloud from traditional data centers and ensure they right-size their cloud environments and avoid under- and over-provisioning.
When migrating from traditional data centers to cloud-based infrastructure, businesses have to predict what resources they will need. Decisions are made based on the size of applications, the frequency of use, and it is also necessary to determine whether certain workloads are actually compatible with cloud services. Businesses must also assess the costs involved to determine whether cloud migration is viable and cost-effective.
The Catalyst cloud migration tool takes the guesswork out of the equation and allows businesses to accurately estimate the service costs per month as well as ad hoc costs. The tool also helps determine whether DRaaS, BaaS, and cloud migration is feasible and allows businesses to get things right first time around.
The latest update has seen several new features added to the Catalyst cloud migration tool:
Get The Checklist
Free and Immediate Download
of HIPAA Compliance Checklist
Delivered via email so verify your email address is correct.
Your Privacy Respected
- Calculation of annual long-term retention objectives on cloud-based backups
- MacOS support added to provide catalyst capabilities for Mac and Windows environments.
- Speed-test and bandwidth assessment for all iland data centers
- Veeam Scale Out Backup Repository (SOBR) object storage calculator to right-size cloud archives
- A Veeam Cloud Connect Replication storage calculator has been added to predict storage requirements on Veeam-based DR environments
“Whether it’s your first time moving to the cloud or if you’re adding more workloads and applications, the last thing you want to do is worry about guessing if your environment is capable of leveraging the cloud and the cost to get there,” said iland senior vice president Dante Orsini. “iland Catalyst removes that stress for customers around the world and helps our partner community right-size the cloud for their customers.”