Share this article on:
TigerConnect has announced it has acquired Adjuvant’s Call Scheduler solution, which has now been incorporated into the TigerConnect clinical communication and collaboration (CC&C) platform as TigerSchedule™.
The Call Scheduler solution adds innovative on-call physician scheduling capabilities to the TigerConnect platform, allowing users to automate on-call and work assignments, improve efficiency, and bolster collaboration across complex healthcare teams. Close collaboration between clinicians is vital in healthcare and has become even more so during the COVID-19 era, as has the need to improve efficiency and cut costs with the revenue challenges caused by the pandemic.
TigerSchedule™ is a rules-based automated physician scheduling solution which has been made available as a standalone solution and also part of the TigerConnect Platform. The Adjuvant-developed solution already has an extensive user base in the United States, having been adopted by a wide range of healthcare organizations from care centers including Huntsville Memorial Hospital and Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula and medical clinics including Cardiac Specialists and Baptist Neurology.
The TigerSchedule™ solution offers healthcare providers several key benefits.
- TigerSchedule™ adds new scheduling management capabilities to the TigerConnect platform.
- The solution ensures fairness within the schedule, protects healthcare providers from being over-assigned, and ensures sufficient time between shifts to help prevent burnout.
- Automated notifications are intelligently routed to the on-call schedule due to sickness, vacations, and patient cancellations.
- Empowers providers to request the location and shift times they want and supports their preferences for text message notifications.
- Simplifies shift swaps and changes and reduces the workload for managers.
- A single view of all staff enables faster team collaboration and better resource optimization.
- Rules-based automation and integration with EHRs improves scheduling and workflows.
“Reaching the right care team member quickly and efficiently is essential to providing excellent patient care. When you add the pressures of COVID-19 to the already existing whirlwind of paper schedules and unexpected shift changes, the challenge for caregivers is overwhelming. It can even be the difference between life and death,” said TigerConnect co-founder and CEO Brad Brooks. “TigerConnect with TigerSchedule™ helps healthcare systems streamline care delivery, improve outcomes, and enhance the patient experience while boosting the bottom line. It’s particularly valuable to healthcare organizations today, as they seek to reduce costs and improve patient and care team satisfaction.”
The acquisition of Call Scheduler will see President Justin Wampach join the TigerConnect team as Vice President, Scheduling Division, with the entire Call Scheduler workforce also joining TigerConnect.
“When Brad approached me and pitched the idea of being acquired, I admit we were flattered. I always felt our long-term strategy would involve us becoming a module within a broader product offering. We quickly realized that our offerings complemented each other well and it became obvious that joining forces would benefit our customers,” said Call Scheduler President, Justin Wampach.