Web Content Filtering
Web Content Filtering is one of the best ways to protect your company from the nefarious attacks of cybercriminal who are attempting to infiltrate your databases and steal valuable data or money from your group.
Businesses are based, and interact, on global basis so the transfer of information and customer details must be protected no matter what the cost is. There are also regulatory obligations to consider including data protection legislatures acts including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, the United State’s Californian Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and Healthcare Insurance Portability Accountability Privacy Act (HIPAA).
Web Content Filtering can be implemented to stop employees from accessing websites that typically leverage malware, ransomware, spyware or adware campaigns against your organization. Lures on these websites try to tempt visitors to download malicious files of this nature, files that when downloaded can be used to steal protected data, encrypt networks and divert company funds to the hackers.
How Does Web Content Filtering Work?
Most web content filters for the Internet incorporate the use of spam blacklists to prevent access to websites known to harbour malware and ransomware lures. Along with this your content filter could include:
- Wi-Fi Hotspots Security: Configuring a content filter to permit control content accessed via Wi-Fi hotspots is important. If anyone attempts to negate security restrictions to access these sites they will be stopped.
- Filters: You can turn on web filtering using category-based website filtering and keyword content filtering. Content filtering is easy to configure and stops access to predefined categories of website but keyword filtering can allow you to prevent access to websites that contain a lot of banned keywords on a specific website.
- MSPs Provisions: You can make a solution bespoke with branding via a white label product. Allowing the content filter to be added to a private cloud or inside an MSPs network.
- Time Settings: You can set times to permit access to some categories of websites at set times so employees can obtain access.
- Automatically Produced Reports: Reports will be shared with dedicated network administrators so they can analyze what aspects of usage need to be monitored.
- Stopping Phishing Attacks: Not allowing access to recognized phishing web pages by using Internet filtering software with SURBL filters climinates depending on staff spotting phishing emails.
Content Filtering can stop loading of webpages associated with the hackers such as betting, gambling, adult content and P2P file sharing websites. It may also result in a rise in staff productivity by disabling access to well known online services that are associated with time wasting can be disabled social media, gaming and online marketplaces. Network integrity is protecting through restricting access to bandwidth-sapping webpages.
Finally, legally obligatory regulatory requirements can be met using a web content filter. In the US, The requirement to have in place the provisions of the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) can be in place thanks to the prevention of the viewing of inappropriate pictures or video.